Eight inductees into the Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors were honored at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 8th, 2020. The 3rd annual Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors induction experience recognizes companies, organizations and leaders who personify the theme Advancing Diversity from Advocacy to Activism.
2020 inductees into the Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors are:
- ADCOLOR® accepted by Tiffany R. Warren, Founder & President; Senior VP, Chief Diversity Officer at Omnicom Group
- The Hershey Company, accepted by Jill Baskin, Chief Marketing Officer
- Institute for Veteran and Military Families at Syracuse University, accepted by J. Michael Haynie Ph.D Vice Chancellor for Strategic Initiatives and Innovation; IVMF Founder & Executive Director
- Muslim Public Affairs Council: The Hollywood Bureau, accepted by Sue Obeidi, Director
- The Female Quotient, accepted by Shelley Zalis, CEO
- Publicis Media, accepted by Tim Jones, CEO Publicis Media Americas
- Walt Disney Television, accepted by Tim McNeal, VP Talent Development, Disney/ABC TV Group
- Walmart/Sam’s Club, accepted by Tony Rogers
Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors recognizes those who:
- have made a commitment to and established successful initiatives that advance diversity and inclusion within their organizations;
- have made a meaningful contribution through their diversity initiatives to the media, advertising, marketing, entertainment community;
- visibly and inclusively communicate and advance their experiences, learnings, best practices and best principles with the goal of advancing diversity in our community and society;
- demonstrate that advancing diversity and inclusion is good for business.
Advancing Diversity founder Jack Myers commented, “Each inductee has made an important contribution to building a more diverse business community and society. They’re continuing to make a difference and are advancing our industry’s leadership. More than 500 leaders, educators and aspiring professionals, including many of our prior inductees, will come together at CES to acknowledge and learn from their successes.”
For more, listen to Baskin's appearance on the Advancing Diversity podcast.